Buckingham Palace Breaks Its Silence Over Prince Harry’s Memoir Announcement

According to the project’s press release, Prince Harry and Penguin Random House announced on Monday that the Duke of Sussex will release a memoir in late 2022 that will share, “for the first time, the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him.” Buckingham Palace did not immediately respond to the news, but it did make the unusual move of declining to comment with on-the-record words to People rather than remaining silent. The Palace said, referring to Meghan and Harry by their titles, that any clarification about the book would be a question for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

According to the press release, Harry’s memoir will cover his time in the royal family: “Covering his lifetime in the public eye from childhood to the present day, including his dedication to service, military duty that twice took him to the frontlines of Afghanistan, and the joy he has found in being a husband and father, Prince Harry will offer an honest and captivating personal portrait, one that shows he has found joy in being a husband and father, Prince Harry will offer an honest and captivating personal portrait, one that shows he

The royal family was not caught off guard by the news, according to a spokesperson for Harry. According to the representative, Harry recently spoke privately with the royal family about the book’s publication. According to the spokesperson, Harry is not expected to seek permission from Buckingham Palace for the project.

“I’m writing this not as the prince I was born, but as the man I have become,” Harry said in a statement about the memoir. I’ve worn a lot of hats in my life, both literally and metaphorically, and my hope is that by sharing my story—the highs and lows, the mistakes and lessons learned—I can show that no matter where we come from, we have more in common than we think. I’m grateful for the opportunity to share what I’ve learned in my life so far, and I’m looking forward to people reading a firsthand account of my life that is accurate and completely truthful.”

See also  The Queen tests positive for Covid - all the details

In January 2020, Harry and Meghan stepped down from their senior royal family positions. They made the move permanent earlier this year and now reside in Montecito, California, with their two children, Archie, who is two years old, and Lili, who is one month old. They gave Oprah Winfrey a seismic tell-all interview about their experiences as working royal family members in March.

One of the most shocking revelations was that a member of the royal family (not the Queen or Philip) was concerned that their then-unborn son Archie’s skin would be too dark, Meghan revealing that the institution refused to let her seek treatment when she struggled with suicidal ideation, and Harry claiming that the royal family has a “invisible contract” with the British tabloids and is afraid of them.

The royal family responded to the interview in a terse manner. The Palace issued a brief statement on behalf of the Queen two days after the interview aired, saying, “The whole family is saddened to learn the full extent of how challenging the last few years have been for Meghan and Harry.” The issues raised, especially the one of race, are alarming. While some recollections may differ, they are all taken seriously and will be addressed privately by the family. Harry, Meghan, and Archie will always be cherished members of the family.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.