The Duke of Sussex appeared in a special video message for one of his longtime patronages and gave a passionate call to action while also making hints about his impending return to the UK.
Since I’ve been a patron for the past 15 years, Harry said, “I’ve been moved by the stories I hear and the people I meet. I’m incredibly grateful for the work that WellChild does.
“Each year I so look forward to meeting with the Award winners and spreading awareness about this incredible charity,” Harry, a patron of WellChild since 2007, appeared to confirm that he would attend the awards ceremony in the UK later this year.
Last year’s WellChild Awards ceremony was scheduled to take place on September 8; however, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex canceled their attendance so that Harry could travel to Scotland as worries about his late grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II, grew.
Harry kept his promise and made an emotional video call to the winners and their families from his Montecito home, despite not being able to personally meet last year’s winners.
Harry was visibly moved in a video released exclusively to HELLO! in October when it was said that his late mother Diana, Princess of Wales, would have been extremely proud of him.
The national charity in the UK called WellChild advocates for keeping children and teenagers with special medical needs at home whenever possible rather than in a hospital.